Waste Corporation of Texas, LP (WCA)

WCA Customer Care – (281) 368-8397

MUD 127 employs Waste Corporation of America (WCA) to pick up and dispose of the solid waste generated by the homes in the district. Each month, WCA collects approximately 200 tons of solid waste and 25 tons of recyclables in our district.

Collection days are Wednesdays and Saturdays. As explained below, WCA is equipped to accept a wide variety of materials, but not everything you might consider “trash.” Please note the materials accepted for collection, and follow the pickup instructions below.

Use the royal blue, 95-gallon WCA waste-bins-on-wheels for trash in bags or other containers. All trash should be bagged or in containers that fit inside the bins to prevent solid waste from flying out during the collection process, especially on windy days. Use the gray and black WCA rolling bins labeled with the “recycle” triangle for all recyclables. Both bins are the property of WCA and should not be removed from the District.

Note: The information below has been reviewed by WCA as of March 2019 and is correct according to the contract for service with MUD 127.

Solid Waste Collection Guidelines

  • Place all waste at the curb by 7:00 a.m. each Wednesday and Saturday.  Recycle service is every Saturday.  Please place recycle container/s at the curb by 7:00 a.m.  Collection of refuse or recycling will not start before 7:00 a.m. or continue after 6:00 p.m. on the same day.  Exceptions would be due to unusual circumstances.
  • Refuse must be either in containers or bags not exceeding 40 gallons or 40 pounds.  Household garbage is defined as waste generated inside the house, exclusive of any construction or remodeling debris.
  • Trees, shrubs, brush trimmings and fencing must be tied and bundled in lengths no greater than four (4) feet with no branch diameter exceeding three (3) inches. These items may be set out for collection on either Wednesday or Saturday.
  • Heavy/bulky waste/items (limit two) must be located at the curb of each residence.  Items such as appliances, furniture, carpet up to one room (rolled up to four feet wide and less than 40 pounds), cardboard boxes (flattened).  Bulk items may be set out for collection on either Wednesday or Saturday.
  • By Federal Law, refrigerators and freezers or any other items containing Freon must be drained of Freon and have an accompanying bill to validate that such service was performed.
  • Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous or flammable.
  • WCA will leave a tag explaining the reason for non-collected item/s.
  • For special collection of other than normal amounts of residential refuse, yard waste or bulky items WCA will, if notified in advance, meet with resident prior to collection day to determine a price.
  • Holidays:  If a scheduled collection day falls on any of the following holidays, service will be resumed the following scheduled pickup day.  WCA observes the following holidays:  New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

MUD 127 encourages residents to take advantage of curbside recycling, in accordance with the information below. Failure to follow the guidelines can
“contaminate” the recyclable pickups and negate the benefits of the program.

Please empty and rinse all containers. Flatten all cardboard boxes and paper bags, but do not flatten plastic, paper cartons or metal containers. There is no need to remove paperclips, staples, stamps, address labels, tape, wire, metal fasteners, rubber bands, spiral bindings, or plastic tabs.

Materials Accepted for Recycling

  • Newspapers & Magazines
  • Opened Mail (including Junk Mail & Greeting Cards) & Folders
  • White or Pastel Office Paper & Blueprints
  • Paper Milk & Juice Cartons (no foil pouches)
  • Paper Bags
  • Phone Books & Paperback Books
  • Paperboard boxes (e.g., Cereal, Rice)
  • Flattened Cardboard
  • Plastics #1 through #7, including Bottles, Tubs, Screw-top Jars, Jugs (no caps, lids or #7 PLA Compostables)
  • Aluminum Cans, Pie Pans & clean, balled-up Aluminum Foil (2 inches or larger)
  • Steel & Tin Cans, loose Metal Jar Lids & Steel Bottle Caps)
  • Empty Aerosol Cans (without Caps)

Items Not Accepted for Recycling

  • Pizza boxes
  • Glass, including light bulbs, mirrors, window glass, drinking glasses & other cooking or serving dishes
  • Scrap metal
  • Plastic bags (collected at many grocery stores)
  • Plastics other than those listed as “accepted,” including microwave trays, ice cream & frozen food containers, plastic lids & caps, plastic six-pack holders
  • Styrofoam in any form
  • Paper “To-Go” containers
  • Tyveck envelopes or paper ream wrappers
  • Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
  • Needles or syringes
  • Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste

See the handy chart below summarizing the dos-and-don’ts of recycling. Click on the chart to view, print and post in a place where everyone in the household can refer to it.

For assistance, questions, comments, or complaints regarding your trash or recycle pickup, contact WCA Customer Service at 281-368-8397 or email WCA at Be sure to tell the rep you receive service in Harris County MUD 127, and refer to the information above.

Proper Disposal of Household Hazardous Wastes

Many paints, cleaners, pesticides and other chemicals used around the home contain substances classified as household hazardous waste, or “HHW.” Such products are labeled with warning words such as “toxic,” “corrosive,” “irritant,” “flammable,” etc. and contaminate our solid waste landfills and water. Because HHWs are harmful to our environment and our health, these items require special handling for safe disposal.

Empty containers may be placed in your regular trash or recycling bin. However, when any HHW product remains in a container, it should be disposed of properly.

Harris County provides residents a method for safe disposal of household chemicals, “FOG” (fats, oils and grease), batteries, CFL and fluorescent tubes, and other hazardous household waste. The county’s Engineering Department operates a facility at 6900 Hahl Road (290 & Gessner area), Houston 77040, which accepts HHWs twice weekly. Occasionally, the HHW department conducts off-site collections, but is limited as to the quantities it can collect at locations away from the Hahl Road facility.

Neighbors may want to join together periodically and coordinate the collection of their HHWs for transport to the Hahl Road facility.

For a complete list of items accepted for collection, dates and times of collection, and for information regarding safe handling and transport of HHW products, go to You can also call the HHW Information Line at 281-560-6200; para Español, 281-560-6232.


Monday, July 11, 2022 at 12:00 PM

The District’s Board of Directors generally meets on the second Monday of the month at noon at the office of Strawn & Richardson, 1155 Dairy Ashford, Suite 875, Houston, Texas 77079.