The operations and business of MUD 127 are managed through a Board of Directors. There are five directors who serve four-year terms. Individuals may initially be appointed to fill a vacancy, but upon completion of a term must stand for election. Effective dates of terms are staggered, and elections are held in even years, generally in November.
The Board is responsible for securing the services of a water system operator, a district engineer, a bookkeeper, solid waste disposal contractor, financial advisor, tax assessor/collector, and other service providers as needed. The Board also sets the MUD’s property tax rate each year.
MUD Directors must be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.Each director receives a “fee of office” equal to $150 per day for the time that s/he actively engages in the business of the district. As of June 2019, the following five directors reside in the district and are serving on the Board:
- Maureen Herzog, President (Term ends 11/04/2026)
- Simona Brooks, Vice President (Term ends 11/5/2024)
- Katrina Ortega, Secretary (Term ends 11/5/2024)
- Don Baylor, Assistant Secretary (Term ends 11/5/2024)
- Kate Zamora, Director/Security Liaison (Term ends 11/04/2026)